If you are suffering from GERD or acid reflux (gastroesophageal reflux disease) then getting a good night’s sleep might be difficult. People suffering from acid reflux may get heartburn, a severe burning sensation that occurs when they lie down due to the stomach acid running back to their esophagus. The pain is uncomfortable and it is difficult to get a good sleep.
Many people with chronic acid reflux problems find comfort while resting on an incline as this position flows away the stomach acid from the esophagus. A comfortable and simple way to sleep in an inclined position is by using a wedge pillow.
Looking For A Good Wedge Pillow
One of the best places to look for details on a wedge pillow and acid reflux causes is Acid Reflux Warrior. This is one of the top online resources where you can find information, guides, and product reviews related to the acid reflux problem. The site recommends all good available options of wedge pillows with drawbacks on each along with pricing.
Various Types Of Wedge Pillows
Wedge pillows vary in terms of incline, material, size, weight, firmness, temperature regulation, and pricing.
- A 35 to 40-degree (6 to 12 inches) angle of wedge pillow is recommended for those with acid reflux and sleep disorder problem.
- Those who toss and turn frequently while sleeping or with king or queen-size beds may prefer a larger size wedge pillow.
- The bigger the inclined angle of a wedge pillow, the more will be the weight.
- Contoured wedge pillows with medium firmness are perfect for side sleepers while a firm, flat surface works well for back sleepers.
- They are made of memory foam or poly foam or a combination of both for maximum support and relief from any kind of pressure on the spine.
Buy a good quality orthopedic wedge pillow that suits your needs and works out better to get you back to sleep.